Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer
Revolutionary speed, throughput and flexibility put results in your hands more quickly so you can manage more cases simply and efficiently.
The Catalyst Dx® analyzer connects to the IDEXX VetLab® Station Laboratory Information Management System to provide:
Faster results with less hands-on time
Run blood work in less time than it takes to prepare a sample for an outside laboratory.
Save time with the automation of repetitive tasks
- Load-and-go with convenient test CLIPs
- Single slide flexibility
- Onboard whole blood separation
- Automated sample pipetting
- Automated dilutions for easier UPC runs
- Automatically generated results saved to the patient’s electronic medical record
Offer patients and clients real-time answers at the point of care
- Run multiple samples simultaneously
- Add electrolytes to any panel with the Lyte 4 CLIP
- See your chemistry results in just 8 minutes
- Get preanesthetic panel results on 14 patients in an hour
- Run up to 25 tests on a single sample
- In seconds transfer blood from syringe to lithium heparin whole blood separator to analyzer
Proven and Trusted Dry-Slide Technology
Dry-slide technology ensures that even compromised samples produce accurate results.
is applied to the top of the spreading layer
Sample is distributed evenly
Filters out substances that interfere with results
Reagent reacts with sample
Reacted sample collects for spectral analysis
IDEXX Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer Specifications
IDEXX Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer Tests
Increased menu and complete flexibility
Run just the tests you want for the results you need
- Choose from 29 single slides
- Use convenient, preloaded CLIPs.
- Easily create customized panels by combining slides and CLIPs.
- Efficiently transfer blood from syringe to analyzer using lithium heparin whole blood separator.
Increase your in-house capability with exclusive tests
- Urine P:C Ratio: Two tests in one run help you detect and quantify proteinuria and diagnose early renal disease.
- Phenobarbital: Now you can accurately measure your patients’ phenobarbital levels in minutes, for monitoring and timely adjustments during patient visits. A single-use disposable wash solution, packaged with the phenobarbital slides, is required with each run.
7 preloaded CLIPs
Just open the foil pouch and slide the preloaded CLIP into the holder. When you remove the CLIP, your slides automatically load into the analyzer.
Chem 17 CLIP
Ideal comprehensive panel for canine testing (wellness, sick, emergency); also use this panel for adult and geriatric canine preanesthetic screening.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, AMYL, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CHOL, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, LIPA, PHOS, TBIL, TP
Chem 15 CLIP
Ideal comprehensive panel for feline testing (wellness, sick, emergency); also use this panel for adult and geriatric feline preanesthetic screening.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CHOL, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, PHOS, TBIL, TP
Chem 10 CLIP
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, BUN, BUN/CREA, CREA, GLOB, GLU, TP
Lyte 4 CLIP
Cl, K, Na, Na/K
Equine 15 CLIP
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, AST, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CK, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, LDH, TBIL, TP
NSAID 6 CLIP
ALKP, ALT, AST, BUN, BUN/CREA, CREA
ALB, ALKP, ALT, Ca, GLU, NH3
Easily do rechecks, monitor patients and create custom panels with single slides.
Three simple steps for fast, efficient performance
The Catalyst Dx analyzer is designed to simplify your work flow with unmatched speed, ease of use, flexibility and throughput:
- In seconds transfer blood from syringe to green-cap lithium heparin whole blood separator to analyzer.
- Run whole blood, plasma, serum or urine—whatever best suits your needs!
- Run a UPC ratio, with the ease of automated dilutions, on all senior pets or those you suspect of renal disease to improve the prognosis via early-stage detection.
- Run multiple patient samples at the same time using any of the 7 preloaded test CLIPs, including electrolytes, or customize your diagnostics with 27 different tests.
Lithium Heparin Whole Blood Separator Questions and Answers
Heparin-treated samples can be used in the lithium heparin whole blood separator except when running feline AST, LDH or CK. Double dosing may elevate the results for these assays in feline samples.
The lithium heparin whole blood separator provides the benefit of plasma, which can be recovered after its use in the Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer and used for your additional testing needs.
If more blood is left in the patient syringe after dispensing the required volume of 0.6–0.8 cc into the separator, the remaining sample can be dispensed into any sample tube as long as the required fill volume is adequate.
Yes! We encourage the use of recovered plasma from the lithium heparin whole blood separator for other tests, such as the SNAP® T4 Test and SNAP® Total T4 Test (available in early 2011).
The needle should be off when dispensing sample into the separator.
Lithium heparin whole blood separators should be stored at room temperature with their green caps on. Do not store the separators in direct sunlight or near sources of heat.
No. The recommended mixing method for the lithium heparin whole blood separator is to swirl the separator 5 times.
If you choose to invert the separator and some blood becomes trapped in and/or around the cap, tap the separator gently on the counter to help release the blood from the cap. The sample volume that is trapped in the cap is not sufficient enough to cause issues with analyzing the sample and obtaining results
It is recommended that samples be run within 30 minutes of collection. If the sample is not being run immediately, cap the separator to prevent sample evaporation.
No. Sample should not be stored in the lithium heparin whole blood separator after it has been run on the Catalyst Dx analyzer as it could alter the concentrations of certain chemistries. Remove the plasma with a transfer pipette, place it in a capped tube and store it in the refrigerator.
Dispense 0.6–0.8 cc of whole blood into the separator. You can measure this using the marks on the syringe you are using to dispense the sample, or by filling only to the lowest line on the separator (as shown below).
Each of the components is an integral part of the IDEXX in-house laboratory for veterinary practices.
Small, lightweight and quiet high-speed centrifuge that spins blood in two minutes or less.
Superior ELISA technology, trusted by thousands of veterinarians and clinics worldwide.